Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Apparently I'm Supposed to Know Everything About Your Personal LIife

Amanda Bynes recently tweeted these statements:
(following tweets are verbatim)

"it's amaziing how good it feels when someone knows how to love your body! I am having withdrawals from a certain guy lol :)"

"So turns out i prefer chocolate over vanilla. interesting."

"FYI if any girls are mad that I like "chocolate" they need to seriously get OVER it. sorry you can't have all the chocolate to yourself:)"

I am uninterested in the specific subject of the tweets. I don't care what race Amanda Bynes prefers to date or is currently dating.

What confounds me is the fact that she would tweet what seems fairly private matters. It sort of blows the lid off my philosophy that such things are none of my business. Instead these intimate matters are made my business by putting them on the internet for public consumption.

Last week I was standing in a line to get food and not 1 foot from where I was standing a girl discussed her previous nights escapades with her ex-boyfriend at what I can only call significant volume. I could not have ignored her if I had tried.

I guess I'm confused. But then again when everyone else's sex lives, substance abuse habits, and psych issues are out there to be known maybe its normal to assume that you must put yours out there as well. Maybe it's a social thing.

I don't know who said it first, but I am reminded of a quote I once heard from a man I consider a wise source:
"When everyone is compromised no one is compromised."

No comments:

Post a Comment