Saturday, April 3, 2010

I like Oliver Stone films in general. Talk Radio, JFK, Nixon, Natural Born Killers, Wall Street etc.

The Stone films I like, I really like.

Stone films I'm neutral over include some of his more popular entrees. Born on the Fourth of July, Platoon, W, and Any Given Sunday.

I recently watched the 1988 Stone film entitled Talk Radio.

Talk Radio is a fantastic exploration into the rise and dynamics of talk radio. In particular the motives and psychology of the controversial, opinionated, and abrasive hosts.



Eric Borgosian is fantastic as the up and coming Barry Champlain. The conflict between the on air persona's and the off-air human being is explored. In some cases, like Rush Limbaugh however, I'm not sure there is actually much of a difference between the person I hear on the radio and the person outside of the studio.

I like the portrayal of callers who constantly listen to the show but profess a passionate hatred for the host. They say he should be off the radio. His ideas are incendiary to them. They don't change the station because deep down they don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment