Thursday, April 1, 2010

NEW PROSPECT

Well, I have another sleeper fantasy pick.

Mat Latos, the big right handed pitcher for the San Diego Padres, has been picked to be the team's fifth starter.





I like his big frame (6'5 230lbs) and big fastball which he throws with exceptional control.

I don't like something I see in this picture however. Notice that his front foot has landed but his hips have not begun to rotate towards the catcher. I would feel more confident in his ability to maintain his plus stuff and avoid injury if he rotated his hips earlier and incorporated his lower half more into his delivery of the baseball.

But maybe his large frame will compensate and it won't be a factor.

Additionally, the Padres would seem to have an affinity for TALL pitchers.

See Chris Young, a modest 6'10. And the 6'6 Jon Garland.

No comments:

Post a Comment